Doctor’s and Specialists
Dr. Arun Mukherjee: MBBS, MD (Medicine)
- Founder Trustee /Director, UDAAN, one of the premier centers at Delhi for management of children
with cerebral palsy and brain damage, since 1992, situated at A-59 Kailash Colony, New Delhi, India
- Indian Pioneer of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Cerebral Palsy in small children, in my capacity of Originator and Director of UDAAN Multimode Early Medical Intervention Therapy Project for small children with Cerebral Palsy.
- Indian Pioneer of Multimode Dan Protocol & HBOT Based Management of children with Autism in my capacity of Director, Autism Research Project, at UDAAN.
- Chief Coordinator of a scientific evidence based case study protocol to study the effects and safety of unmanipulated bone marrow derived mononuclear stem cell therapy in selected children with CP and Autism, given as n adjunct to Standard Therapies, and followed up for two years to study rate on improvement in neurodevelopmental growth.
- Chief Investigator, Double Blind Placebo Controlled Randomized Clinical Trial of Vitamin MB12 in Autism, (Study approved by Drugs Controller of India)
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE IN CP & AUTISM
- To see the effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Gross Motor Abilities of cerebral palsy Children of 2-5 years, given initially as an adjunct to Occupational Therapy; Ind. Journal of Occupational Therapy.; 2003; 35 (1): 7-11
- “UDAAN” Multimode including Hyperbaric Oxygenation and early medical Intervention Therapy for small children with moderate to severe Cerebral Palsy: Paper presented at 3rd Int. Symposium on Cerebral Palsy and the Brain Injured Child; July 2003, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Update on the ongoing “UDAAN” Multimode, including Hyperbaric Oxygenation and Early Medical Intervention Therapy for small children with Cerebral Palsy, Paper presented at 4th Int. Symposium on Hyperbaric Oxygenation in CP and the Brain Injured Child; July 2004, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Long term follow up of CP children treated with HBOT: Paper presented at the 5th Int. Symposium on Hyperbaric Oxygenation in CP and the Healing Brain; July 2006, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
- Initiated in 2006, a DAN Protocol based Biomedical Treatment & management strategy for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, with aim to formally introduce India to specific medical therapies of proven benefit in ASD, and genetic study of biochemical profile of the Indian ASD child.
- UDAAN HBOT based Multimode Therapy for children with Cerebral Palsy: An ongoing Study:
6th Int. Symposium on Hyperbaric Oxygenation and the Future of Healing (CME Conference); July 2008, Torrance, California, USA
- A study of the different Hyperbaric Pressures and use of 100% OXYGEN (HBOT) or ambient air (HBAT), for Early Medical Intervention Therapy in children with Cerebral Palsy; Neuro-HBOT Certification 2-day CME Course, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Workshop, organized by International Hyperbarics Association, Inc; October 1 – 2, 2008, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy & its “Experimental” usage in Cerebral Palsy, Fall 2008 Conference of American College for Advancement in Medicine (CME Conference), October 15-16, Las Vegas, US
- UDAAN HBOT-Based Open Observational Pilot Study in children with CP, Asian Hyperbaric and Diving Medicine Association Vth Annual Meeting: Goa (25 – 27 September 2009)
- UDAAN 9 years of Experience with HBOT in CP, 7th International Symposium On HBOT and the Future of Healing, Irvine, California, July, 2010.Presented “Hyperbaric Doctor of the Year” award at the above conference, the first Asian to be so honored.
Dr. Shushma Agarwal
Designation : Senior Consultant
Department : Gynaecology & Obstetrics
- M.B.B.S.- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- D.R.C.O.G – London-UK
- M.R.C.O.G. –London-UK
- F.R.C.O.G.- London-UK
Training :London, Sheffield, Leicester, Hull
Experience :In India-running own Hospital for last 28 Yrs
- Normal Vaginal Delivery rate of > 90%
- Even difficult cases of Breech/Previous Caesarean Section –delivered Normal Vaginal Delivery.
- Painless delivery- Epidural available.
- Equipped for all Emergencies/Surgeries.
MEDICAL TERMINATION OF PREGNANCY
- Offer painless, safe and confedential M.T.P.(abortions)
- Done Non-Surgicall by medicines / surgically by vacuum suction.
- Done under local or general anaesthesia.
- Ultrasound performed prior to procedure.
- Patient counseled about family planning methods.
SURGERY :Laparoscopic and hysteroscopy done besides all abdominal and vaginal surgery.
Dr. M.C. Gupta
Designation : Senior Consultant
Department : Pediatrician (Child Specialist)
Qualification : M.B.B.S., M.D.
Experience : Experience of 22 yrs
Brief Profile : Manage all types of paediatric emergencies, including pre-mature babies in nursery.
DR MATHEW VARGHESE
Head, Department of Orthopaedics,St. Stephens Hospital,New Delhi
Dr Mathew Varghese is a graduate and a post-graduate from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi University. He is currently the Head of the Department of Orthopaedics, St Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi. He has specialised in trauma care with particular emphasis on reconstructive surgery for trauma, paralytic poliomyelitis, cerebral palsy and paediatric orthopaedic problems.
He is also an associate faculty at the Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Programme, A WHO collaborating centre at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi as an expert on injury control, pre–hospital care and epidemiology of injuries.
Dr. I.C. Verma
Sr. Consultant and Head, Department of Medical Genetics,Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,New Delhi
Dr Ishwar Verma did his schooling in East Africa, and was a medical undergraduate in Amritsar Medical College. He worked in medicine in East Africa for one and a half years and then went to England to obtain training in pediatrics and genetics. After his membership from the London College of Physicians he joined the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in 1967, first as a registrar and then held progressively senior appointments. He eventually became Professor of Pediatrics and Head of the Genetics Unit. This unit was recognized as a WHO Collaborating Center in Genetics. Dr Verma trained in genetics in Children’s Hospital in Zurich (University of Zurich); Boston – Massachusetts General Hospital, USA; and National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, USA; and genetic departments in London, Oxford and Edinburgh in UK.
He left AIIMS in 1996 and now heads the Department of Genetic Medicine at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi. He has been a member of the Advisory Committee of Genetic Disorders to the WHO in Geneva for the past 20 years, is a member of Ethics committee of HUGO, has been the President of Indian Society of Human Genetics, Member of the Task Force on Genetics of the Indian Council of Medical Research and Dept of Biotechnology, Government of India.
His clinical and research interests are in the management of fetal medicine and reproductive genetics, dysmorphology, genetic counseling and prenatal diagnosis using molecular, cytogenetic and biochemical techniques. He has worked significantly on the health problems of tribal communities in India, including those of Andaman islands. He is the Editor-in-Chief of Indian Journal of Pediatrics, which is the oldest speciality journal in India.
DR. KALA SENGUPTA
Designation : Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Specialist In :
- Psychodiagnostic & Personality Profile
Child & Adolescent
- IQ Assessment
- Overactive & Attention Problems