For detail info click here
Autistic children commonly have digestive problems, nutrition deficits and severe allergies. The root, at least partly, goes to the poorly developed immune system and ABNORMAL gut flora. A leaky gut becomes a source of toxicity. These toxins get absorbed through the gut lining into the blood stream and carried to the brain. As a result, the child develops learning problems or learning disabilities.
At UDAAN, we provide complete guidance on dietary as well as biochemical parameters as per childs requirements since every autistic child is different. We assess the child using diagnostic and well as prognostic scales. The medical wing will assess his physiology and biochemical parameters, micronutrient levels, allergy and toxicology profile, blood metal profiles, serum vitamin levels, and then guide the dietician to plan out a well balanced allergen free non toxic diet suitable for a normal child of his sex, weight and age (DAN Protocol based). Certain specific genetic parameters will also need testing and remedial medical means adopted. Dr. Arun Mukherjee is one of the few handful doctors in India who are associated with MAPS (SEE MEDMAPS.ORG)
Biomedical intervention is based on Food / Lifestyle management and specific NEED BASED vitamins AND MINERALS, INITIALLY AT HIGH THERAPEUTIC DOSES. THE CHILDREN MUST BE EVALUATED THREE MONTHLY TO REGULATE SUPPLEMENT DOSAGE TO ENSURE EFFICACY AND ALSO AVOID OVERDOSAGE TOXICITY.
GFCF is the not the final word for all ills for an Autistic Child. It must be balanced by individually correctly adjusted micronutrient support for best results. It means specific, individual child’s biochemical test based, and properly interpreted doses of specific vitamins and minerals. Biomedical treatment has now gone to an advanced level of treating behavioural issues of autistic children due to gut dysbiosys.
KEY BENEFITS FROM BIOMEDICAL TREATMENT
- Decrease symptoms such as: hyperactivity, fidgetiness, and stereotypes thereby facilitating behavior and learning.
- Improvements in immune function , resulting in healthier children who seem to be very resistant to coughs, colds, runny noses, ear infections and who seem to get over viral infections quicker than the rest of the family.
- Improvements in digestive function, resulting in more normal stool frequency and consistency; reduction or elimination of lower abdominal pain or discomfort; reduction or elimination of loose stools or diarrhoea.
- Improved appetite and a wider variety of foods tried and consumed, increased nutrition
- Better socialization and initiation of communication with family and peers
- Increase in more normal social interactions and social play
- Improved cognitive function
- Improved higher order functions