For detail info click here
Unani medicine emphasizes the power of self-preservation and a holistic approach to take care of specific structural and functional abnormalities. It is mainly based on Herbal medicines
Role of UDAAN for the Disabled
A time tested Unani Pharmacopeial formulation, specifically based on Brahmi and five adjuvant plant extracts, was standardized, ingredient by ingredient, by a team lead by Prof. Shakir Jamil, currently serving as Director of Central Council of Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM)
This Neuro-protective formulation was used to treat children with Cerebral Palsy in a double blind randomized placebo controlled Clinical trial funded by the Dept. of Ayush, Govt. of India, and carried out at UDAAN for the Disabled.
The formulation exhibited the following properties:
- General tonic
- Neuro tonic
- Helped restore cerebral blood supply
- Helped regulate cerebral & mental functions
- Unique in its Neurotropic and Psychotropic functions simultaneously.
- Improved Cognitive powers of brain
- Improved memory (short and long term)
- Improved psycho-social behavior patterns
- Stabilized hyper and hypo activity states
- Stabilized mood and emotional states
- Helped revive brain metabolism
This study showed that proper standardization can develop the full potential therapeutic benefits of our traditional medicines and help them to be comparable to the best in allopathic range.